Zombie Apocalypse Survival Weapon: Glock 17 [Review]Reviews - 06.26.2012
I loves me some hot Glock action and, when the zombies come, I’ll be ready with 17+1 rounds of 9mm hollow points to jack up their day.
The Glock 17 is my personal choice for zombie apocalypse defensive pistol and here are some of the reasons I love it:
1. It’s reliable and low maintenance – when your life depends on a functioning firearm, Glocks have proven themselves to continue operating under the toughest conditions
2. It’s accurate. Out of the box, this is an accurate handgun. The Gen 4 models have a double recoil-reducing spring for easier control. The larger frame of the 17 spreads recoil out over a larger area.
3. They’re popular. Not an advantage in itself, but popularity means that a wide variety of accessories are available and stocked in most gun stores.
4. They have high capacity. Factory standard Glock 17s come with 3 17 round magazines. Factory manufactured 33 round magazines are available. This means that you can send more lead downrange before you need to reload. This offers a significant advantage against a zombie horde.
5. They are very low maintenance. They require little in the way of regular maintenance, and only three drops of lubricant. Field stripping is incredibly easy and takes seconds. After the SHTF, this is going to be a big advantage.
6. Ammunition is plentiful. 9mm Luger ammo is very popular and is quite plentiful. If you are scrounging ammo, this stuff has high availability. I have even seen it (along with 12 gauge shells, in my local hardware store. The ammo is also relatively inexpensive – making range time easier on the pocket.
Everything accounted for, you really can’t go wrong with the Glock 17 as a zombie survival weapon.
Video review here: